spitfire n : a highly emotional and quick-tempered person (especially a girl or woman)
Spitfire may refer to:
- Supermarine Spitfire, a British single-seat fighter aircraft used in World War II
- Spitfire Aerodrome, an airport in Pedricktown, New Jersey, (United States)
- Spitfire (song), a 2004 single by the British electronica act The Prodigy
- Spitfire (Jefferson Starship album), a 1976 album by Jefferson Starship
- Spitfire (UK band), a garage rock band from Crawley, West Sussex, England
- Spitfire (US band), a metalcore band from Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
- Spitfire (Russian band), a ska band from Saint Petersburg, Russia
- The Mexican Spitfires Sydney-based Australian indie-pop band of the 1980s; sometimes abbreviated as "the Spitfires" or "the Spitties"
- Spitfire Records, a heavy metal-oriented record label
- Spitfire (comics), a fictional character in Marvel Comics World War Two-era superteam "The Invaders"
- Spitfire (New Universe), a.k.a. Spitfire and the Troubleshooters and Codename: Spitfire, a comic book published under the New Universe imprint of Marvel Comics
- SpitFire, a character from the anime/manga Air Gear.
- Triumph Spitfire, a small two-seat British sports car from Triumph Motor Company
- Lupe Vélez, an actress known as "the Mexican spitfire"
- Spitfire (beer), a UK bottled and cask beer
- Spitfire (football club), a team from Trinidad and Tobago
- The Spitfires is the nickname of Eastleigh F.C., a non-league football club in Hampshire, England
- Spitfire sawfly, a type of insect and its caterpillar found in Australia
- Spitfire Wheels, a skateboard-wheel brand by Deluxe Distribution
- Windsor Spitfires, a junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League
- Spitfire Pistol, a British-made 9 mm semi-automatic pistol
- Fictional future creatures in the TV show The Future Is Wild:
spitfire in German: Spitfire
spitfire in French: Spitfire
spitfire in Italian: Spitfire
spitfire in Japanese: スピットファイア
spitfire in Polish: Spitfire
spitfire in Russian: Spitfire
spitfire in Swedish: Spitfire
Mafioso, Young Turk, battle-ax, beast, beldam, berserk, berserker, bitch, bomber, brute, cat, common scold, demon, devil, dragon, fiend, fire-eater, firebrand, fishwife, fury, goon, gorilla, gunsel, hardnose, hell-raiser, hellcat, hellhound, hellion, holy terror, hood, hoodlum, hothead, hotspur, incendiary, killer, mad dog, madcap, monster, mugger, rapist, revolutionary, savage, scold, she-devil, she-wolf, shrew, termagant, terror, terrorist, tiger, tigress, tough, tough guy, ugly customer, violent, virago, vixen, wild beast, witch, wolf